Wednesday 22 April 2015

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 26th Year, Week 36/52


The guy who came to my birthday party 36 weeks ago is now the guy I'm moving in with.  Funny how that works.

Three books last week; Maus, Jinian Footseer and The Season of Passage.

Season of Passage is a Christopher Pike book for adults, which means it has all of the excellent drama, and blonde, blue-eyed hindus, and dramatic sci-fi/fantasy, but how his characters get to swear and have sex.  Excellent.

Maus is a true story; the author's father tells him about living through WW2 as a Jew.  Jewish people are presented as mice, Germans are cats, Polish people are pigs and Americans are dogs.  I understood why when four people were hung and I really appreciated that I was looking at mice and not humans.

Jinian Footseer is my favourite book, which I've discussed multiple times before.

No comments: