Wednesday 10 August 2016

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 27th Year, Week 52/52


Four books last week; the last week before my next birthday!  4th to the 10th of August.

Two rereads, both audiobooks; The Bullet Catcher's Daugher and Poison.  I listened to Poison on the OneClickDigital app, which let me borrow it from my local library.  Unfortunately, it doesn't let me change the bloody speed, which was very irritating.  Some people have found a way to listen to the files on other apps, but that would involve having a cable which let me link my phone to my PC, which I do not.  My cables only charge.

There'll be a longer post to come on Wizard and Glass.  I'm really into The Dark Tower series now, but it'll be a while until the next one, once I've finished rereading Little Sisters of Eluria.

Finally, What If...All the Boys Wanted You?.  A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style book aimed at teenage girls.  Very silly.  Tends to forget which bits you will and won't have already read on each path, so some elements are nonsensical and come out of nowhere.  I read all of it, using my normal method of pencil marks and folding pages over.

I'll start my 28th year posts a week after my birthday...on Friday the 19th of August.  See you then!

During my 26th year I read a total of 261 books over these 52 weeks, at an average of 5.05 per week or 0.72 per day.  Here's a graph.

 
26th Year

During my 27th year I read a total of 303 books, at an average of 5.83 per week or .83 per day, so a little faster, which surprises me considering that I was studying for most of it!  Here's another graph.

27th Year

Another spike around Christmas/New years, but even that pattern is a bit of a push.  My unread pile is down to 42 books, with 15 of those being physical books.  I'm moving to Manchester on the 19th of September, so I'm going to focus on getting those down before I go so I don't have to carry them.

No comments: