Friday 28 April 2017

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 28th Year, Weeks 37/52


Only two books this week (22nd to 28th April), both audiobooks that I'd read before.

Last week, I started watching Dr Who for the first time, ever.  I started with the tenth Doctor, and I will never accept any other.  Though David Tennant is fun.  Weirdly, I'd read stories from the extended Whoniverse before I'd ever watched the show.  Rereading Time Lord Fairy Tales having seen it, I do feel like I got more from it!

The third book in the Fire Sermon series will be released at the end of June.  That's not why I re-listened to this book now; I just felt like it.  I might wait a bit before listening to the second part of the trilogy, so there's less of a gap.

The most obvious thing about The Fire Sermon is that it's a book of foils.  Everyone is born twinned, with one alpha and one omega.  In this specific story, specific alphas aren't contrasted only to their omegas, but to other pairs of alpha and omegas.  The two key pairs face the same problem, but a different half of the pair is ultimately the more ruthless.  That's quite interesting.

No comments: