Wednesday 10 February 2016

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 27th Year, Week 26/52


It's my half birthday!

I read nine books last week - 4th - 10th February.  Four audiobooks, three books on my kindle, and two library books.

The library books were Shopaholic to the Rescue and The Waste Lands, which I wrote a longer post about here.  Shopaholic to the Rescue wasn't quite as bad as the other books in the Shopaholic series.  I really liked the first three; I read them as a teenager and they were amazing.  But then they kept coming.  On and on and on and on and....

I did like Step by Wicked Step.  It's one of Anne Fine's children novels, and after listening to Charm School and Flour Babies last week I thought I'd give this one a go.

The Imperfectionists and Little Star are both books I've had on my kobo for years.  I finally felt it was time to get around to them.  They were both pretty good when I got going, although Little Star was far, far too gory for my taste.

I actually read Little Star because I used a random number generator to pick which book to read from my unread pile next.  I did that again when I finished and it picked Middlesex so I'll start that tomorrow.

I reread Matched because it seemed time to finish the series.  I first read it a couple of years ago.  I've borrowed the second and third parts of the trilogy from the library, so I'll soon know how it turned out.

Witch World is a book I've listened to before.  I love Christopher Pike.  He's like Stephen King  for teenagers and with slightly more of a sci-fi bent.

The Telling Error was another book I'd read before.  It's the latest book in the Spilling CID series until The Narrow Bed comes out...tomorrow!  I just went to check.  Didn't realise how close it was, thought it was ages away.  Yay!

Finally, The Ice Twins.  A weird little psychological thriller.  Pretty good, though I forget what made me choose it.

No comments: