Wednesday 4 November 2015

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 27th Year, Week 12/52


Only two books this week - 29th October to 4th November.  Stoner I already wrote a longer post about.  Seven Deadly Sins was part of the Gaiman Humble Bundle.  Seven short graphic-novel stories around the seven deadly sins, by different authors and artists.  Gaiman's Sloth was uncompleted, as a bit of meta-fiction.  The most interesting was Alan Moore's Lust - a retelling of World War II told as if it were a sexual encounter between Germany and Russia.  The line "afterwards, we both lay there smoking" was particularly chilly when juxtaposed with the image.

I've spent much of the week reading Stephen King's The Tommyknockers which I aim to finish this evening.  After this, we'll finally be up to books published within my lifetime!  Nightmares in the Sky was published when I was two months old.  It's a collection of photographs with text by Stephen King, and it sounds kind of like the project Who Killed Amanda Palmer?.

No comments: