Friday 27 November 2015

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 27th Year, Week 15/52


Five books last week - that is the 19th to the 25th of November.

I am Malala is something I read for my feminist bookclub, which I ended up missing.  It's non-fiction and covers Malala's life up to the period where she was shot, and a little bit on her recovery.  It's shocking how inaccessible education still is throughout the world, particularly for women.

Hurting Distance is the second in the Spilling CID series.  Although this does not have an unreliable narrator to make second or third read throughs more rewarding I still quite enjoyed listening.  I'm going through the whole series right now, so you'll probably see another one pop up next week.

Winter is the final part of Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles.  It's pretty long - over 800 pages I think, though I actually read it on Kindle - but it does wrap up the series nicely.  I quite enjoyed the journey.  In a few months I might reread the whole thing, now I can do it in one go.

English Grammar for Dummies was about as interesting as a book on grammar can be.

The Grown Up  is a short story by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl and Dark Places.  60-70 pages.  Again, quite enjoyable.

No comments: