Saturday 14 May 2016

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 27th Year, Week 39/52

Six books last week!  That's the 5th to the 11th of May!

Two of these books were for a bookclub; Tudors for Dummies and the Boleyn Inheritance, the latter of which focuses on Anne of Cleves and Katherine Howard, Henry VIII's fourth and fifth wives.  Tudors for Dummies offers a very broad overview; at one point it refers to Katherine of Aragon as both Elizabeth and Mary's mother, which obviously isn't the case.

Heir Apparent is one of my favourite books.  Deadly Pink is the sequel, and I read the prequel, User Unfriendly two weeks ago.  All three take place within virtual reality games.

Finally, listening to Beside Myself was a very unpleasant experience.  It's an interesting book, about a pair of twins who swap places.  One refuses to swap back.  That makes an intriguing point about domestic abuse; once the twin is labelled as "the bad twin" it doesn't matter what she actually does, she's always in the wrong.  I just hate stories in which someone isn't believed; I find them immensely frustrating.

No comments: