Wednesday 29 October 2014

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 26th Year, Week 11/52

Only two this week - I've been busy.

A Wag Abroad is the sequel to The Wag's Diary, both by Alison Kervin.  Honestly, I was pretty disappointed.  The first book worked because it was silly with a lot of heart.  The sequel ups the silly and loses some of the heart.  The plot is transparent and flimsy.  Several times, it is necessary for Tracie to misunderstand a conversation, and the way this is done is far too obvious and contrived.  Tracie also manages to go from basically intelligent but ignorant of things outside of her area of interest to a total idiot.  Finally, the production values were incredibly low on the ebook; poorly formatted, typoes everywhere, etc.  I only finished it on goodwill left over from the first one.  Probably won't bother with the third.

As for Different Seasons, I wrote a longer post on that here. 

No comments: