Thursday 13 November 2008

In Which We Discuss Harry Potter

I should probably say, right now, that I think the books are dumb.

I liked them when I was about eleven, I admit. But then I grew out of it. I became sick of the series long before it was over, which is a little sad, come to think of it. Still, I don't like those books.

I admit that part of it is because of the sheer amount of icky fan drool over every single copy. Much like FFVII, in fact. It's not a bad game, but the amount of people blathering on about how fantastic it is makes me want to be contrary.

And, of course...all of these people, who, to be honest, I don't think an awful lot of, are in love with this thing. Therefore, there must be something wrong with it.

I will admit that I am an inherently suspicious person.

There's also the gaping plot hole in the second/third book (there's no way to cure Lupin of being a werewolf, when Lockheart describes a spell that can do it in one of his books? I know that Lockheart didn't actually do those things, but he also admits that someone did. And even though the spell is described as difficult, since it's possible, Dumbledore would have found a way to cast it. He wouldn't do anything else). And the fact that JK Rowling cannot tell the difference between a witch and a wizard (it is NOT a gender issue - they use different kinds of magic).

The books just irritate me.

No comments: