Tuesday 2 December 2014

In Which We Discuss Audible Badges

So, my Audible app just updated itself and now it has a whole bunch of new badges on it.  Or, rather, they are almost the exact same badges that were on there before but now they work slightly better.

The new badges are as follows, in alphabetical order.   The entries with question marks are those that I don't actually have yet.

Edit: my app just (18th September 2020) updated to announce I'd achieved the silver level of The Librarian.  I passed 200 books long ago, so I suspect there's been some kind of update.


Badge NameWhat to DoBasicSilverGold
The AnnotatorAdd a bookmark with a note.10 bookmarks40 bookmarks125
bookmarks
Bitesized BookwormListen to parts of different titles in one day.3 titles15 titles40?
7 Day StretchComplete books in one week (note; I earned this by marking books I'd read before as 'finished', not by listening to them all in one week).3 books5 books10 books
Deja VuListen to books multiple times.3 times10?20 times
Done and DustedListen to one complete book, start to finish.1 book3 books5 books
The EpicComplete  titles over x hours long.20 hours35 hours50 hours
High NoonListen during lunchtime (hours do not have to be consecutive!)1 hour2 hours3 hours
The LibrarianCollect audiobooks!50?200
500?
MarathonerListen for hours in a row.2 hours5 hours8 hours
Night OwlListen during the evening or night (hours do not have to be consecutive!)4 hours6 hours8 hours
The OptimistHave unfinished books in your library.  They must be downloaded and marked as unfinished.10?20?75?
On the TrotListen to a portion of an audio book every day.7 days in a row30 days in a row90?
Social ButterflyShare something to facebook or twitter from the app.5 times25 times100 times
Stats SurferView the stats screen.50 times200 times500?
Weekend WarriorListen during the weekend (hours do not have to be consecutive!)5 hours10 hours24 hours

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Annotator, no matter how many bookmarks with notes I make, never unlocks :/

Bethan said...

I have over 75 audiobooks but no librarian badge. Not sure if this is a fault or if you need more to get bronze? 😕

Bartelmy said...

I emailed Audible and their response was basically "lol, we don't know and we're not doing anything about it. Maybe wait for an update?". That was over a year ago. I've got something like 150 books and no librarian badge.

Unknown said...

187 books and no librarian. I believe its 200 plus to start.

Anonymous said...

What is the biggest amount you've had installed on your device at the same time?

The Tolkien Fan said...

Apparently as of 2019 Audible has disabled the Optimist badge, so it can no longer be earned

Unknown said...

Is the deja vu one still enabled? I should have earned it already. Unless you need to repeat the same book immediately, whithout listening something else at all. How does this work exactly? Thanks in advance

Anonymous said...

I have shared more than 5 times and I still haven't got the Social Butterfly badge. Has anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous said...

You need to have bought 100 books with a credit or money.

Anonymous said...

The done and dusted ones clue says one whole book one single stint. I’ve read countless books but what’s the stint?

Anonymous said...

And yet Audible says 50-and only ones paid for? 50, lol! Paid for 🤣! That's average of £8X50 😮

Anonymous said...

Bronze is apparently 50-paid for books.

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to achieve the done and dusted silver and gold badge. I've let 5 audiobooks play from beginning to end and the silver badge hasn't showed up. Can someone help me out?