Tuesday 14 July 2015

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 26th Year, Week 48/52

Five books last week!  That would be 7th July to 14th July.

Two books I had been working on for a while.  Atlas Shrugged, which I've read before and Poor Economics which has been on my kindle for quite a while now.

Atlas Shrugged is a brick.  As an audiobook it was 63 hours long, and John Galt's speech was 3 hours of that.  I listened to it on three times speed and that was still over an hour of real time.

I feel kind of guilty for liking this book.  I don't agree with the entirety of the philosophy, but I like some bits - like the focus on passion and taking responsibility.  I feel very positive about this review.

Poor Economics is non-fiction.  It discusses finance and economics amongst the world's poorest people.

Soul Fire and Soul Storm are the second and third parts of the Soul Beach Trilogy by Kate Harrison.  I really could not put these books down; I finished Soul Storm at 1am this morning.  It's a great series.

Finally, Awaken is the final part of Meg Cabot's Abandon Trilogy.  It's a modern retelling of  Hades and Persephone.  It was okay.  Not as un-put-downable as Soul Beach especially since I read the first book ages ago.

No comments: