Monday 6 July 2015

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 26th Year, Week 43/52



From 2 June to 9 June.  Seven books this week!  The 'no image available' is Anne Fine's Our Precious Lulu.  Apparently, I've read this before though I certainly didn't remember it while reading.

Pretty Little Things had some semi-incestuous, slightly abusive sex.  And by 'some' I mean on every page.

All Bones and Lies was interesting.  Anne Fine's adult novels are all about interpersonal drama.

Confessions of a Shopaholic is the first book in the Shopaholic series and is actually called Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic.  I first read it when I was about thirteen.  I did read the sequel a week later but I'm not planning on reading the next few books in the series.

Fruit and Vegetables in Pots is another gardening book.

I'm not sure why I read The Good Father.  I didn't particularly enjoy the last Diane Chamberlaid novel that I read, although at least this one had a satisfying ending.

NPCS I really enjoyed.  It's about a game of Dungeons and Dragons where in non-player-characters have to take over the plot.  Difficult to describe, but very good in the same vein as Ready Player One and Redshirts.

No comments: