Wednesday 30 December 2015

In Which We Discuss Books I Read in my 27th Year, Week 20/52


Just the one book over Christmas - 24th December to 30th.

If You Lived Here, You'd Be Perfect By Now is a collection of blog posts annotating and snarking the Sweet Valley High series.  I read a couple of them as a teenager, and I enjoyed reading similar posts on livejournal.  The collection's a little disappointing as an actual book, so I'm glad it was free from the Kindle store.  The blog posts haven't been edited at all, so they refer to covers that aren't included and they're written in a very casual way.  They've been arranged in the order of the Sweet Valley High books which is not the order they were written in, so some of the posts refer to others which have not appeared in the volume yet.  Not a terribly professional effort, but somehow compelling.

No comments: